Many couples turn to vow-renewal ceremonies as a way to reaffirm their love and commitment to one another – and also as a way to kick back with friends and family and party. If you’re considering renewing your vows, here are a few tips on how to Renew Your Vows and help make your event extra special.
* Include your kids. Renewing vows is about your commitment to each other, and it’s also about your commitment to family. Ask your kids to take part, either as wedding party members or behind the scenes – wherever they’re most comfortable.
* Incorporate mementos from your first ceremony. Wear your old veil or carry a bouquet (or for men, wear a boutonniere) using the same flowers as you had in your first ceremony. Decorate with wedding photos or have your wedding video playing in a continuous loop on a big screen.
* Base favors on before-and-after. Use photos from your first wedding to decorate favors or give guests dual photo frames with a picture of you then and now.
* Consider writing your own vows. A lot has happened since your first wedding ceremony, and you’ve probably learned to appreciate your partner on entirely new levels.
* Use your renewal ceremony as a time to express your love and thanks to your life partner.
* Ditch the cake. If you had a traditional cake the first time around, consider something different this time, like a sundae bar, a cookie bar or decorated cupcakes.
* Donate your gifts. If you’ve been married for awhile, chances are you have plenty of stuff. Instead of gifts, make your wedding really special by asking guests to bring items such as canned goods or pet food that can be donated to local charities, or request that donations be sent to an organization that’s near and dear to your hearts.
At Renaissance, our event planners have lots of experience helping couples plan their special days. Schedule a consultation and learn all the ways you can make your vow-renewal ceremony a memorable and meaningful day for all.