When Pantone announced marsala as its Color of the Year for 2015, brides began scrambling for ways to add the hue to their weddings. And while bridesmaid gowns, table linens, chair bows and flowers are all the usual suspects when it comes to adding color to weddings, there are plenty of other, sometimes unexpected, ways to bring color into your ceremony or reception. Here’s a roundup of a few ideas to inspire you:
* Add a candy snack bar for lots of pops of brights colors. Provide take-home containers so guests can build their own favors.
* Line up a row of colorful drink garnishes on the edge of the bar so guests can help themselves to a burst of flavor and color.
* Use a colorful canopy as a backdrop for the actual ceremony.
* Wear a colorful crinoline or underskirt. Sure, the gown may be white, but no one says you can’t add some color underneath that will peak through when you’re walking down the aisle or dancing. Go the extra distance, and have the groom wear matching socks.
* Use sashes to add color to black bridesmaids’ gowns and have shoes dyed to match.
* Use a faux flower in your hair or carry a colorful clutch or wrap.
* Don’t forget your manicure — it’s a great way to add a small touch of color and coordinate your whole look.
No matter what colorful elements you choose, the key is to add color tastefully without overdoing it or verging on the garish. At Renaissance, our wedding and event planners understand the impact color can have on a wedding and its mood. Let us help you decide the best ways to bring color into your ceremony or reception. Give us a call today at 305.261.2001 and schedule your one-on-one consultation.