The 2017 wedding season may be months away, but some pretty strong wedding trends are already beginning to emerge. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the strongest trends culled from reliable bridal sources across the internet:
- Next to white, pink is the most popular color for bridal gowns for 2017 brides, followed by more vivid shades of pastel blue and lavender influenced by the 2016 Pantone colors of the year – rose quartz and pale blue “serenity.”
- Deep necklines are also popular, and see-through elements are being incorporated into dresses of all styles, from sleek “mod” slip dresses to flouncy ball gowns with super-sheer tops discreetly embellished with floral embroidery.
- Capes and toppers are also making their way to the forefront for the 2017 season, from smaller shoulder-covering capelets to full-on superhero-style cloaks, helping brides get a little more cover for cooler wedding dates.
- For the reception, bright, shiny golds and silvers are giving way to subtler brushed metallic accents on guest tables for a hip, industrial-chic vibe that works well with many wedding themes.
- Paper flower favors, paper streamers and even handmade paper wedding flowers are in big demand for 2017 weddings, which can be good news for brides on a budget. Pinterest and even sites like MarthStewart.com offer loads of inspiration for brides who want to ditch the flowers and silk or satin accents in favor of this more economical option.
- Post-nuptial receiving lines are out; instead, more brides and grooms are mingling with guests during the pre-reception cocktail hour or during the reception itself.
- Finally, more couples are choosing to have the wedding and reception at the same location to make it more convenient for guests while also keeping the excitement of the ceremony alive throughout the night. Renaissance offers both ceremony and reception venues to make it easy for brides and grooms to embrace this trend.
Planning your 2017 wedding? Our expert planners can help. Call Renaissance today at 305-445-1313.